Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
As the holidays near and we come closer to welcoming the New Year once again, we want to thank all our customers for helping to make this an extraordinary year. We have been blessed and we appreciate you. We hope you have a wonderful time with family and friends and, most of all, we wish you a safe and happy holiday season. We look forward to helping all our customers stay safer in the new year!
As a small token of our appreciation, we want to offer you a couple of our favorite holiday appetizer recipes. These delicious appetizers are perfect for the bacon lovers out there. They are easy to make and require little prep time. The baking or refrigeration times are a little long, but sooo worth the wait! These recipes are great for home or office parties!
Holiday Bacon Appetizers (Savory and Sweet Versions)
Courtesy of: Ree Drummond, from The Pioneer Woman, FoodNetwork.com
Savory Version – Ingredients:
Parmesan cheese (real parmesan, grated)
Sweet Version – Ingredients:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place the club crackers onto a baking sheet (make sure the sheet has a drip pan to catch bacon grease).
- Spoon either the grated parmesan cheese OR the brown sugar onto the crackers.
- Carefully wrap each cracker and topping with an uncooked slice of bacon.
- Bake for 2 hours at 350 degrees (the bacon should be cooked thoroughly)
Make as many as you like. If you don’t eat them all right away, you can put them in the freezer until you need them. Just heat them up and you’ll have an appetizer ready for whomever might drop by on a moment’s notice.
Total prep time is 15 minutes. Total cook time is 2 hours
Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball
Courtesy of: wifey110, submitted to allreceipes.com
6 slices bacon
2 (8 ounce) packages Philadelphia cream cheese
1 (1 ounce) package buttermilk Ranch dressing mix
½ cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
4 green onions, chopped
3 tablespoons chopped black olives
1 ½ cups chopped pecans (optional)
- Cook bacon in a skillet until evenly brown and drain
- Stir together the cream cheese and ranch dressing mix in a bowl until smooth.
- Add the bacon, Cheddar cheese, green onions, and olives; stir until well combined.
- Shape the mixture into a ball and roll in the chopped pecans.
- Refrigerate overnight.
Total prep time is 30 minutes. Let refrigerate overnight and this will surely be a hit with bacon lovers.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from B & D Security Services!
Our Holiday Hours Are:
Closed: Dec 23rd - Dec 25th
Reopen: Dec 26th