At B & D, we know that choosing the right security company is essential in aiding in the protection of your home from burglary or fire. However, choosing security monitoring companies can be a daunting task. The following information may help you in choosing the right provider for you.
- Word-of-Mouth - Ask friends and family which provider they use and their opinion about each.
- Proof of License - Ask if the security company is licensed. Many states require security professionals to be licensed. This ensures that installers are trained and knowledgeable. This also prevents the customer from receiving a faulty installation.
- Certified Employees - Ask if the installers are professionally certified to install security equipment.
- Contracts - Ask about the company's contract to ensure that monitoring prices are fixed.
- Maintenance - Many companies offer maintenance agreements to warranty repairs on equipment.
- Warranty - Ask if the company offers a warranty on their equipment and how long the warranty lasts.
- Consultations - Ask for a consultation. Most companies offer free, in-home consultations in order to best satisfy the customer's needs.
- Equipment - Ask what type of equipment will be installed and if this equipment is compatible with other companies should you change providers in the future.
- Monitoring - Ask where the 24-hour monitoring station is located and research their credibility.
- Price - Ask about the pricing of equipment, and if you own it after installation and monitoring fees. It is best not to make a decision on a security system based on pricing alone. Do the research and take all of these factors into consideration.
All of these factors should be considered when choosing home security monitoring companies. It is necessary for you to feel comfortable asking your security company any questions. You should feel that your security provider has your best interests in mind and that they are dependable. Finding the right security company is important, so hopefully, this information will help aid you in making the right choice for you.